Hold My Hand

The hand is such a powerful tool when it comes to connecting spirits. The hand can be such a beautiful sign of respect, a thank you, a sign of appreciation, wishing another well, and the spirit crossing paths. 

Within the Francisco Church, I found myself constantly connecting by the hand. While they were waiting in line to get in the church, I would smile and extend my hand out.  There are some who are shy and reserved-these people are given more space.  It was a shake with a hand placed over our hands. I let them know I care with that human touch they crave.  

When they hold my hand, some don't want to let go. They look into my eyes expecting something more- looking at something beyond just me. There eyes are full of pure longing and desire. This was something new for me as I enjoy the high fives, the hugs, the pats on the back, but the shaking of the hand came alive in Nicaragua. It was happening in Guatemala, but a highly increased amount in Leon.   

As one human being, I can only do so much
 but I am one person who extended their hand. One person to acknowledge the being. To have that smile and handshake or hug three times a week-this can make someone feel some hope and inspiration to become better. 


It seems like just a moment, but these moments are what can move mountains. 

People need non-verbal words of encouragement and reassurance. When we have faith and believe in people, they will rise to the occasion and thrive. We have to give them that human contact they deserve in order for them to get better. We can't just feed them and not give them any of God's direct attention. 

        They need it, they want it, they love it.


Take my hand and I will smile towards you and extend God's grace your way....PRIS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment