Blind And Hungry

It is almost 9 pm and I am walking the streets looking for people to feed. I know that I´m not suppose to be out that late and there I am walking the dark streets with few tourists in sight.  
In my vision, I see a man stumbling around appearing to be lost or confused with his location. 
 He finally sat himself in front of the post office. I wondered what was going on with him. He had this adorable chubby face, blue mittens, and torn up light blue coat. His eyes were wide open, but had no awareness to my presence.

At that point, I realized he was probably blind stumbling around with no stick-great. 
I asked him if he would like some food and he 
didn´t say anything. He does not comprehend what is going on and I am realizing that he does not understand. I told him to just wait for me and I would return shortly. I buy him a can of Orange soda(for some reason I thought he would like that) and a hot dog( probably not the best food to feed a blind person. 

I quickly bring it back and place it in his hand. He smells it and I can finally see the smile I was waiting for(not completely altruistic as I prefer to see a smile). He takes a bit and slops some on the ground. I decide that I'm not sure how the blind people eat a hot dog, but maybe he needs some help. I hold the hot dog and feed it to him bite by bite along with his can of soda.  His happiness is actually present through his eyes and his smile-it's beautiful.  No one around, but two spirits connecting.   For someone blind on the streets, that adds a whole new level of difficulty.  That wouldn't happen in US because there would be many government agencies and state assistance to take care of him. There's only one to watch over him now and that is GOD.


For God's work, you don't seek recognition.  You do it from the heart because you know it's what you were born to do...
 Just born this way.... PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment