Fundacion Ortiz-Guardian



Sunday,the day of silence in the city, I got a chance to visit the two museums directly across from my church.  This one was my favorite with some incredible art pieces. The girl working in the museum was adorable. Each time I would stand back and look at a painting, she would come a little closer. These people who work in museums have such a boring job-it's nice to talk with them and liven things up a bit.  She told me that she has an Aunt in Chicago and she also has 6 sisters and brother. She knew what she was talking about when it came to art- totally impressed. She gave me some background, but also gave me some peace and space- perfect.



* Four houses holding art from Latin America,  * European Art, and local Nicaraguan artists.
* Great work from Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Nicaragua, and Cuba


Quiet and calm with nice gardens and  antique homes from the late 1800s. They represent the Nicaraguan home which is present in my bed and breakfast, the shopping stores set within in homes. The garden or little pond is always in the middle followed by columns and large windows. It reminds me of a mix of Spain and Morocco, but it definitely has its own charm. 














 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment