Shorter Por Favor

On Friday and Saturday night, these are the best nights to go out in Colombia. Of course, this is a standard for many countries, especially USA. This country was a little different though because this city defined "true parties." People start at 12am and they go out until 5am.  
When it came to going out, I planned to go with the receptionist(super nice and perfect English), but she had to work late.  This was fine because my only intention was to go out and people watch. Of course, I had interest in seeing some hot Colombian man-I am a woman and I am allowed to look. 

The main party area was in El Poblado about five minutes walk from my hotel. From my room, I could hear the bass.  While I had no desire to go out, I came to Colombia and it was a must to go see the nightlife.  The best part for me is people watching therefore I decided to take a stroll through the park and party area. It's full of amazing restaurants, lounges, roofs, fast food, sushi-everything you name it.  



          
            Waiting for food 

I thought if I found a good place I could check it out for an hour or two. Although, I was completely enjoying myself on the street. The high numbers of people on the street and the open patios where you could watch people dance. There are some underground incredible salsa places, but I felt like staying in the area. Taxis at night-no bueno.


With my magnetic gravitation to luxury, I had to check out this fancy hotel I had heard about. When I got there it reminded me of one of my favorite NY restaurants, it was gorgeous. There was only one guy ahead of me who went up through the elevator. The party was happening on the rooftop-my favorite place to be.  When I got dressed, I actually put on makeup, did my hair, work my black and flower jumper and gold wedges. I received a good amount of attention(did not expect much being in Colombia) so I thought I looked okay?
Apparently, I did not fit the part for this bouncer. 


"You're wearing pants."
"Yes, but this is a jumper with gold wedges."
"Still those are pants."
"Yes, but it's a nice jumper."


He was being quite respectful and didn't look me up and down with that horrible "rejected" look. He was just doing his job, which I understand.  I am standing a bit outside the door just glancing at a couple girls standing outside.
He points to this girl who is dressed in a black mini dress with everything exposed and 6 inch silver platforms.


"That's what you need to wear.  A short dress and platform shoes. The shorter the better."


While I mentioned these girls are beautiful, they don't always dress the part.  Many follow the expression, "the tighter, the better" and fortunately they can pull it off.  Their cleavage is exposed, their skirts are high, and platforms a must.  There is nothing I can really say to that other than, "Let it be."
This guy was serious about "looking a certain way." While I really wanted to go upstairs, I was not willing to look like that ever.  Not to mention that dress and those shoes are nowhere in my wardrobe. 


After this experience, it was disappointing, but I was not stuck on it. I walked around and talked with some locals, checked out a salsa place for 15 minutes and went home....


That party desire fuel is not running in Priscilla's engine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment