Over It

Priscilla is the type of person that when she is over something- she's over it. When her mind is set, it's set and it's just a point of no return.

When it comes to going out to bars and clubs, I'm over it and I have been over it for a few years. It's been a life closer to my core values which are avoidant of negative behaviors- not for family or friends, but for myself and my belief system. I am allowing myself to return to my 16 year old self caring about books, studying, friendships, learning, and ministry. It was a mind of purity that wanted to avoid negative things. It wasn't perfect, but focused on the core values that were important.


Clubs were never important until I let them become important. I focused on going to the best and most popular places, being VIP, and dressing in a new outfit each time. While I love fancy hotel restaurants, lounges, and bars- my attendance is not a common occurrence. I do enjoy beautiful ambiance in nice hotels, but clubs with drinking and hip hop music or some top 40 non-sense, there is not one drop of interest. I would rather be cooking, reading, writing, exploring art, out in nature, having a real conversation and connecting, or sleeping.


This sweet girl at my hotel asked me to go out again on Saturday, which was a full day for me staying out on the streets until 9:30pm and getting back to the hotel at 10:15 after finally finding my way. I guess this would what people do-go out, but I just wanted to lay low.  Also, I know what she meant with "go out."  It didn't mean upscale, it meant bars drinking beer and vodka/tonics-no thank you and no gracias. While I feel bad saying "No", the desire is just not there. I told her if she wanted to take a run, go hiking, eat some food, take a walk, check out an Art gallery,go swimming, go eat, picnic in the park-basically anything active outdoors I'm interested!


 Sorry girls for not being social, but Priscilla is just oh so over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment