The God Given Purpose

When I was a child, there was always this deep curiosity inside of me. I knew that there was more than the suburban life I was given.  There were people in my neighborhood with problems who I gave my time, my listening, and support. Truly, I was a born therapist with a heart for others. It was in my genes from a father and grandfather who dedicated their life to others.  I believe it was also in God's plan to be his assistant in helping humans feel better and become better individuals.

With this growing mind, I knew there was something much bigger out there.  My curiosity grew for people. Why people were ill and why they suffered.  When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I said "A Clinical psychologist." That's what I thought would cure human suffering- a doctor.  As many others believe, I thought that a psychologist could help a person and cure them of this pain. 

Now I realize there are two different healing processes: one involves medicine and the other involves God. It's possible for someone to combine both of these healing processes into one and this is what is most powerful.  

With the young Priscilla being passionate for psychology, she studied some theology, but endlessly studied psychology. The human behavior of people
 fascinated me like no other and everyone was aware of how passionate I was about this subject. From the age of 12, I was sure that I wanted to study human beings for life.  Instead of taking a couple courses, I took all psychology electives. Any opportunity at a job to take a new training on depression, abuse, mental illness-I took it. I needed to fill myself up with all this knowledge to do something with it.  To cure the human suffering with my knowledge and with the one spirit that changes lives. 

With this spirit and with my knowledge, it all came packaged together into something priceless.  This girl who wondered about suffering and the world did not sit back and sit on her curiosity.  She went out and explored different communities, different population from Los Angeles East LA, South side Chicago, Bronx New York, India, parts of Asia, Africa, and Middle East.  She bravely lead herself out into the world as one woman alone who had intentions to help, heal, spread love and spirit, and acknowledge others. When it's a purpose, it's not a job.  It's something that many don´t understand because they have not felt it- I apologize to those people and I hope they can feel it before our time has run out. 

The combination of knowledge, experience, and purpose is pure power.  When you have explored and connected with so many cultures and you can see, feel, and hear the impact-it's a pure blessing.

As a woman, I'm still curious about people, communities, history, politics, religion, art/history, violence, and human choice/behavior. My curiosity will never end because curiosity will always be present in a world so diverse and ever changing. The difference between then and now is that I'm not a little girl anymore

I can ACT on my curiosity and I feel empowered to create CHANGE with my higher power on my side and the world in need of my being and services.  The human suffering can be cured with medicine, but I plan to cure it with human interaction.   PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment