Mama Jones






There is only room for one Big Mamma in Belize and that is Mama Jones.  She was suppose to come to make jewelry with the kids, but she came late and the kids were gone. Mrs. Ravel had a meeting so I just sat with her. I did not exactly know who she was until she told me about all her amazing work.  She started a program for young women to start their own business with sewing, she teaches classes at her own school, she plans weddings, and she has her own ministry.  Her knowledge of the bible is impeccable as she quotes so much scripture I honestly can't keep up.   

Mama teaching how to make earrings




  
It was  nice having someone listen to me for a change as I addressed some of my concerns with ministry work. I feel like that is where God has placed me on this trip, but I told her I feel so much judgement from others. 

She told me to follow God's purpose no matter what and to follow the signs. I think I am pretty good at tuning into these signs, symbols, and people that come across my path.  She shared her personal experiences and signs that lead her to ministry.  I had been feelings some doubt this day specifically, but she empowered me to get back on the boat and keep paddling. 


She asked me to stay to work on an upcoming project she had- quite tempting I must say, but next project was already planned. The amount of people that ask me to stay and all the times I just have to keep moving-so many. 

No comments:

Post a Comment