Groups, Cards, and Euros

There was a nice group of Europeans interning at MB bay who were working on completing their MBA.  They were the same age as me and all very kind, reserved, and mellow. They were all from Belgium with the exception of one from Colombia.

Often I observed  them playing cards together. It had seemed they loved cards, and  they loved doing everything Together.  They were always sitting in a group for meals, work, and social time. I never saw them engaging with another local besides some tourists from the US and they never separated to even give themselves a chance to meet someone new i.e. meet a Belizian person. They just stuck together like glue, which made it difficult to get to know one of them individually.   

One night they invited me to play cards so  I decided to be social and act interested in the game.  I was my usual entertaining self and I was capturing the attention of the cute, French speaking boy from Belgium. He has this French, broken English accent that I fancy.  He was not my tall, dark, and handsome type, but he had dirty blond hair, cute dimples, great smile, nice physique. OK-he was cute.  

During the game, he was being so sweet teaching me the rules and he would change his voice in the sexy French romantic way. He put his hand on mine when I lost to console me.  He was sweet, cute, responsible, nice-all the things that a normal girl should go for yet Priscilla likes the unavailable, mysterious, beautiful players. 

When it comes down to it, this was not a social trip and I was very busy with MH. I did not focus on meeting someone or staying up late playing cards. I focused on people and making an impact. Although, in my life it has always been possible for me to do both. It was time for me to be social therefore I decided to invite the group out to Amigos to enjoy some food and the Euros enjoy some drinks.  It was so funny when I asked them because they acted so sweet and almost honored. I'm sure it would be a fun time where we could spend time talking, sharing our travels and experiences, or we could be......

No comments:

Post a Comment