Don´t Stop Believin

When you are a psychoanalyst, you are constantly observing and analyzing people, places, things, and one more thing-you. You analyze yourself in your daily interactions and how you work as a professional. You have to analyze and reflect on your work for it to get better. That goes with any profession as one should always be learning more about themselves and their work. 


With my current project, I was doing a self assessment on how things were going and I was not quite satisfied. The youth were not showing up because the timing was too early. I was spending time with the parents and I was not sure if our session was just talk or they would actually try out what we discussed. 

While children are often playing outside, their kids are always on the street-always. They are often beating each other with sticks or crawling in the mud. They had 1.5 months of summer vacation left  so I challenged them to think of activities they can do together i.e. pull weeds, sell lemonade, do household tasks together, and help out their Mom as much as they can

When I came home I went for a run, came back for dinner, and just felt disenchanted. While I am suppose to be working in my purpose, it just doesn't feel like enough sometimes. I am challenging this population. They are responding well to me, but I just need a confirmation.......

The next day....

The next morning I was biking to work at 815am. Usually, there are not many people up at that time in the homes of the two mothers. In the house of the women with 10 kids, I passed by to see five of them outside pulling weeds. 
Her older kids are on summer break and they hardly ever wake up early, but they woke up to pull weeds. The best part is that they listened to her request when they could have just ignored her.  
They were so proud as they looked up and waived at me. I smiled at them and then I looked straight up at the sky and said, "Thank you." He knows when I just need that jump start to keep me going. 

Don't stop believing and keep the faith in people-they won't disappoint as long as you keep your faith in them. PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment