The Willow Confirmation

In this blog, I mention so many people I met abroad, but I fail to mention my amazing church, Willow Creek in Barrington, IL. It is such a blessing being reconnected with Willow Creek after being away for 8 years. Within the months, there are different series ie Stronger, Thirst, Celebration of Hope, which focuses on the poverty epidemic worldwide and how we can do our part. 
We learn that we each have a commitment. My commitment is greater than others as it is my calling and my life's work to educate, empower, assist, improve, learn, listen, and give my time. 


At Willow, I engage in volunteering and connected with a great group of people. The church has grown tremendously with people from all over the world. What used to be primarily white has changed to Chinese, Russian, Latin American, African, and European. There are kids, adults, elderly, special needs, youth, kids, couples, singles, etc. With this variety, people can choose a section that suits them best. Our own Section prayer  303 meets after service and for volunteer projects. The group is lead by the fantastic, Maria, who always loves and supports her members. She is a believer on my side who supports my journey.  


Along with Maria and my section group I also have my fabulous bible study group. We meet every week and they were all informed of my latest ventures abroad. They all pray for my safety and I feel their prayers from afar. 

It is Willow Creek service and our Celebration of Hope week that lead me to my mission. It is a true calling to go abroad serving God and others. It was questionable where it was going to lead, but clarity shined bright with his love and spirit. It was a mission started by the church and it will end with the church. 

I have not shared this blog with anyone, but thank you for all your love and support.

Oh and thanks for this.....

1 Corinthians 15:58 
New International Version 

58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters. Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourself fully to the work  of the Lord because you know that your labor in The Lord is not in vein.
 Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment