It Found Me




When I arrived at Lake Atitlan, I had to find my new home for the next 2 weeks. I had an idea of what I was looking for including something quiet, spacious, and with a great lake view.  My price range was anywhere from $15 to $20 per night.  First, I stopped at a coffee shop and asked around about what they recommend.  
Little Amigo said:  "If you want to party, stay on Calle Santander."


I said, "Which way is Calle Santander?"

Little Amigo said: "This whole street is Calle Santander so just walk up." 

I said, " I will be walking the opposite way to the Lake where the quiet people sleep." 

Little Amigo: "The lake is more quiet, buen idea."

My new line of questioning is asking where all the parties are and completely avoiding that area.  Off  I went to the Lake from place to place to see if they pass the "Pris Investigation and Line of 100 questions." 

The guy from the restaurants was helping direct me to a couple places I had showed him on my phone.  
It was hard to find places that included breakfast so I let that go and decided to utilize my cliff bars. 
Due to the amount of water I drink, the place had to have filtered water with the brand name Agua de Salavidas.  It also had to have a Lake view because I wanted something with a view to write and do yoga. I also wanted nice staff who I could spend some time getting to know. 

After exploring many that were nice, clean with a great rooftop- something was missing. My last stop just happened to find me with an angel on my shoulder.   I walked into a lovely little garden and was greeted by a little black hot dog looking dog.  I was kindly greeted by Juan Francisco who showed me the first room- in my price range and Lake view, but something was missing.  He could tell that I was not fully satisfied. I asked about the other rooms with Lake view. 



With some hesitation, he showed me the bigger room in the middle, which had 3 beds and was for 3 people.  My arrival day was probably one of the most beautiful days. The sky was clear with a few clouds and and the lake was fully visible with a panaramic view.  The beds were all hot pink with the cutest rug and the shiny wood floors. The room furniture was all Guatemalan wooden antique with a cute fireplace. The bathroom was very  
Clean with a fresh scent and fresh towels. I was ready to negotiate for this room bc I knew this was exactly what I wanted for 2 weeks. 


I had saw the price of $40USD per night, but he told me we could just keep it at a single room rate of $17USD per night. If the room was needed then I would move to the back for the night. And that was it- SOLD. This was my new home for 2 weeks with my Lake and sunset views.  
   

      























































DIVINE
                                                               





No comments:

Post a Comment