Cafe con Leche

Last summer, I was in Spain where the popular morning drink was Cafe con Leche. And this summer the drink of choice is the same Coffee with Milk. 


While I have been on No Caffeine for 2 years, I do have my moments of relapse especially when it comes to coffee in those countries which produce it. I have had the coffee in Costa Rica, which was outstanding so I had to give this one a try.
I tried it as Cafe con Leche and in espresso form- both were great. It's definitely coffee in its freshest form with coffee plants being all over Lake Atitlan and especially in Antigua. It's like Americans drinking Starbucks with all those fresh coffee farms around.

Bad analogy, but just referring to the amazing quality of coffee from its freshest roots rather than drinking Starbucks and considering that as the superior coffee. The quality of this coffee is so high, it must be difficult for an actual coffee drinker to take a step backwards. I guess you could bring it back with you in limited quantity or savor the memory and go home and buy a frappuccino because that's the same thing-not. 

*Random shout out to Spain- you're amazing! Abrasos y besos para ti 

No comments:

Post a Comment