Adonde Vas?



While my original plan was to volunteer at the World Cup in Brazil, the crowds and sky high prices changed my decision. It has always been on my travel itinerary to visit the amazing South America.  The spirit and soul is something that I crave as it is missing in the states.  While every country has it's charm, some of the great ones I would like to visit are a bit out of my budget. Another moment in time our paths will cross, and I'm sure it will be incredible. 


With some previous thought to the destination of Central America, I started my research and things all came together. Central America is easier to travel through.  It's full of great food, beautiful, nature, cultural traditions and festivals, unforgettable fruit, kind smiles, and good spirits. The only country I had visited in Central America was Costa Rica five years ago with my best friend/travel buddy Tanya. 


On this fantastic trip, I recall the beauty, the food, and the fantastic people. It was a magical trip and we knew that we would have to return one day.  If this country could be so beautiful, wouldn't the rest of Central America resemble this as well? 


My travel bug was curious and the people I spoke with prior to traveling made it easy. I spoke with many staff and Directors from various NGOs and those local organizations within the states. The Lonely planet travel book or  the travel brochures are not what made this trip happen. These people made it happen. It was clear as crystal that this is where I was suppose to go. 
These lovely, lovely passionate souls from abroad encouraged me, supported me, and assisted me.


The beauty of Costa Rica lead me to the beauty of four other countries.  A trip through Central America starting in Guatemala to Belize to Honduras to Nicaragua to Costa Rica ending in Panama. 

Sounds like the perfect summer to me=)

No comments:

Post a Comment