Market and Church

Without someone telling me, I stumbled upon one of the best markets. However, the sad part is that they were closing in 20 minutes. It was clearly an old Antique market full of souvenirs. Anything you wanted they had it and they were friendly rather than pushy and sarcastic. Initially, I met a woman selling t-shirts for $10, but she didn't have the color I wanted.
  
















Next, I met a beautiful Colombian girl. The long hair, nice body, and pretty smile-yep that's her! She had the best display in her shop with all the colors shining bright in your face. Colombians sure do love colors! This shop had the Mayan belts, backpacks, jewelry, coin purses, all kind of rocks and jewels from the Mountains, instruments, artwork, etc. The tribal patterns looked similar to Guatemala, but the prices were a bit higher(different product quality).
  







She kept saying I was pretty and I said she was pretty and I started with my Colombian female interview.

"Why are Colombian girls so pretty?"
 

Answer: "We like to take care of ourselves, our hair, our make up, or nails. It's part of the culture for women."

"Do they work out?"

Answer:  Some do light running or walking or the gym. I run about once a week."

"Hmm ok I see.

Do you eat food?"

Answer: She is laughing.
"Of course. I eat a lot of food."
 
"Like what kinds of food?"
Answer: I don't eat fast food, but I eat everything else. 

Basically she was telling me she eats a lot of food. The conversation with me shaking my head and her laughing. Oh these Colombian girls.
I ended up buying a Dream catcher, a bracelet from her, and a couple key chains. She was pleased and asked me to come back tomorrow for lunch. That was my departure day Of Course.


         



             


                         


We had to part and I had to head to the 7pm service at San Antonio. I must have asked 5 people how to get there and finally I made it, but late. The pastor was speaking about having faith in ourselves and in our communities. How do we have this faith when things feel hopeless? We have to lift our hands up and praise the lord, praise he lord, praise the lord. Only he can restore our faith and make us feel peace and excitement. 

          


                    


No comments:

Post a Comment