Haponese Haponese!!


When I get older....
Hmmm I sit and analyze my life as I am sitting in the rocking chair in front of the Old Cathedral.  How can you not ponder your life while sitting in a rocking chair? It's mandatory to sit and think on a rocking chair- okay semi-mandatory. 
Francisco is sitting and building a rocking chair and I am just talking with my thoughts out loud. Singing and singing away the only Spanish song I memorized. They are getting their daily dose of entertainment for the day, which is nice for them.  It could also be annoying to hear my singing, but that's the way the tourist goes. 

Clearly, I am also trying to entertain myself. I'm feeling like I need some attention or action of some sort.  As I am sitting there I see two large tourist buses pull up in front of the Gran Cathedral. I am thinking, 

"Oh great my lovely view of the church and park has been tainted." 

I was enjoying my time with the chair builders and all Ado about morning. Sunday was quiet and not a tourist day? 

Directly in front of me, I see the man on the loud speakers in the front of the bus. He is dressed nice and wearing a nice navy shirt and pants with white tennis shoes. He comes off the bus first to inspect the area. I am thinking that these people must be important. Of course there are the black shaded windows giving me no visibility.  
Another gentlemen hands him a large bottle of hand sanitizer.  Who would be smart enough to give hand sanitizer to each person who walks off the bus??

The Japonese!!! 

Oh one of the most amazing cultures is Japanese. I am sitting in the chair shouting, "Yaay Haponese." " I love Haponese."  The H is for the Spanish so I was emphasizing the "H.

Francisco Making Rocking Chairs 

They hurry off the bus with their cameras and wearing their large sun hats and big smiles. How could someone not love them. They are seriously the cutest and most curious tourists ever. They always ask questions, want a good bargain, and enjoy exploring all over. Their culture is completely fascinating and everyone says positive things about it. 
It was my time to make a move and interact one on one with the Haponese. I wanted to help them get those bargains they desired.  
First, I helped out the big lady sell her hammock.


This was a special hammock that she was selling for $20. For this hammock that was a huge bargain. These go for $50 in the big tourist cities. The Haponese girl wanted $14. The lady wanted $15. They kept going back and forth over $1. I finally convinced her that this was with the extra $1. She say, " Okay okay I buy." 



I asked her where this lovely group of people were coming from and she said the,"peace boat." This a boat that goes for peace missions over a 3 month journey in 20 countries. That is incredible and my first thought was "Where can I sign up?" They explained that it is only a Japanese thing. Also, besides a few young people, it was mostly older people.

Next, I helped a cute couple pick out a ring. My sales skills were in "Full power." It was one sale to the next and since some people did not speak Spanish, I helped them out a bit. It was so fun spending time with these lovely people. 
They hopped back on the bus with hand sanitizer being pumped into their hands. I went back to my rocking chair and waived at them while driving away. This is such a great culture and I was so happy to see some Asians. 


                         Peace out Haponese!
             
Love you Haponese! Hope to visit you one day in Japan!










ESKIMO ICE CREAM OBSESSION 
After lunch, I would regularly stop for a Super premium chocolate crunch bar with vanilla Icecream. It was great Icecream for me because it was made locally in Managua, Nicaragua- a city just one hour away. The dates in the ice cream were just a few days short of perfection. 

Almost every time I came in this girl was smiling right at me. She was so welcoming and kind despite working 7 days a week. The last day I came she offered me a free Ice cream cone. Unfortunately, I could not accept because I only liked the oremium kind- brat. Of course I didn't say that, but I just told her it wasn't necessary. Be nice to people serving you food and they will be nice in return. That extra smile can earn you an Icecream cone, an appetizer, or a dessert on the house. Regardless of receiving anything, just try and be nice.

She looks older in this picture, but she was a sweet, shy 15 year old girl:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment