No Goal for Israel

When sitting in my hostel Pacaya de San Carlos, a few girls came out and were on their phones. They were sitting right next to the hammock and I was on the chair on the other side of them- listening. I was trying to figure out what language they were speaking, as it sounded partially like Arabic, but I knew it wasn't. I sat there puzzled wondering and their guy friends came out- the puzzle piece came walking right towards me.

It was tall, muscular, tan, dark hair, and dark eyes with the scruffy facial hair-just enough to make you look twice. I had been wearing my yellow pajama shirt, pink shorts, and my glasses.









Instead of talking to his friends, he just came walking my direction. He was looking for something at the front desk it appeared and I saw him looking at me from the corner of my eye. 


I smiled and said my friendly "Hello." The puzzle piece wanted to take things a step further.  He asked me my name, where I'm from, blah, blah and I was talking to my friend while in conversation with him.  


He asked if it was my boyfriend and I smiled saying, "Just a friend." 


He said, the famous male response, "good answer."

I didn't ask if he had a girlfriend, but I didn't really care enough to ask.
He said he just came from Belize and he was traveling alone and met fellow Israelis. They were all going out and he would like it if I joined them. 

I kind of sat their frozen looking at myself, "Like this?"



He smiled, "Yeah who cares just come. It will be fun." 



His friends were hurrying towards the door and He stood at the door saying, "This is your last chance to come."  

I said I would think about it, but that really meant No. He then gave me directions on how to get there, which was cute.



As I sat there in my glasses I contemplated going and just having fun. I don't drink or really go out and socialize, even rarely in the states, why not just go? 




My bed was calling so I resisted the temptation to go out with the hot Israeli and I resisted socializing with tourists. 







The next day.....

I came out and of course he was sitting at the table in front of my door. I said hello and he didn't say anything. I thought maybe he didn't hear me. I saw him again on the street and he gave me these big sad puppy dog eyes- the same as when I left my little preschooler. I actually felt bad and did not even know he was that interested, but it was probably just the rejection his ego couldn't handle-Men. 




Again, being pretty close with men on a friendship level, I am a bit oblivious to when someone actually likes me. Although, I do have to admit he was a pretty cute sight to see in the morning-yikes. Those Israelis both men and women are beautiful-per my Bestie Matan=) He would love that statement. 


Unfortunate for him, I have no interest in the superficial flings as it's just not a focus for me. 
I guess the rejection got the best of him where we could not just be cool and civilized friends-hate that=(


Pris loves being friends and cool with everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment