Why 40 Before 30?

On August 17, I will celebrate my 30th birthday.  


Always wanting to challenge myself, I thought about how I could end my 20s with meaning.  I planned on possibly running the marathon.  In the states, I had been running each day and taking part in smaller races for the past few months.  When I turned 27, I ran a half marathon and spent my birthday in Portland, Maine-quite nice.  While it is possible to do a marathon, it would possibly come in October-not August.  



With this said, I then thought about traveling and I made goal to reach 40 countries by 30.  There are some other travelers who actually have the same notion of hitting 40 before they turn 30 or 50 before 40.  For me, it was not about the pure number of 40 rather it was about the journey I have taken with my 20s, my career as a Therapist, Volunteer, Teacher, Social Worker, and cultural explorer.



Traveling has taken me to unforgettable experiences, new friends, life lessons, meaningful cultural exchanges, the best volunteer experiences or jobs, incredible nature, and connections with up above.  It is a total life changing experience.  So why not include by traveling in my journey, document it, learn and grow from it, and most important connect to people and help them grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment