The Beautiful Mind

I am immediately pulled in by an organic menu and some Tao/ Buddhist sounds coming from a tranquil restaurant. I sit on a bamboo looking bar stool and order a  wheat grass shot and a raw agave cacao ball with amarethe (it is a local seed of Guatemala with many health benefits). When I sat down the conversation just started flowing from the get go. Sometimes this happens with the right energy and the right brains colliding at the right time(Pris). 

It was an amazing encounter with this fellow great mind discussing philosophy, meditation, Mayan religion and some great psychologists such as Jung and Freud.  He shared with me some interesting facts about the chakras in the body along with we discussed the importance of eating healthy-one of my favorite topics.  We moved off the bar stools and he took me inside the cafe area to the book shelf. There he picked up some books that were by psychiatrists for psychedellic therapy- using LSD for therapeutic and spiritual benefits of treatment. He showed me pictures of all the different images that were produced. Then we went on discussing different psychological treatments. He said that he never studied psychology, but he just reads all the time. It was clear that this was a passion of his that he was sharing with me.  He also taught me all about the Mayans and their studies of astrology and the meaning of time. Time, not only space, holds value and meaning. He explained the duality that is present between the space. He asked me how I define time and he explained the Mayan use of the calendar. I defined time as "the distance between moments."

Talk about astrology and psychology, I think I met my new best friend.


There was some incredible art work that was done by a fellow traveler. He explained everything so clearly like a teacher would to a student.  The colors in the trees and the symbolic meaning of the shapes-art, psychology, astrology, and philosophy all in one- I felt quite satisfied with this new acquaintance. 
After our discussion, I took a seat in the Fred chair. That's right! They had the famous chair that Freud would have his patient lie down in for psychoanalysis. If you are ever in the area of Antigua check out Samba Vegan Café. 

Someone may look at Jorge and not give him the time of day and just sit with their expat friends. Amongst this one simple person lies a beautiful mind....PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment