7 Polish Lawyers and a Pris

It was time to head off to my volunteer headquarters in Panajachel Lake Atitlan-what some say is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. I was standing in front of my hostel and my name, "Prisciyaa"(Latin America pronunciation) was called.  I jump inside to see all men and just one Pris.  I sat in the backseat next to a friendly looking guy with glasses and a friendly face. 

We got to talking and it turns out they are 7 lawyers from Warsaw, Poland all on a trip together. He told me that Chicago has the second highest Polish population. We got to talking about our lives and traveling.  He seemed to be interested by my work and I was interested by his.  It would be fun to exchange careers for a day, a week, or a month.  I think its another fascinating job and my best friend always told me what a good lawyer I would make.

Anyways, it sounded like him and his friends were leading quite the bachelor lifestyle and I joked he could be the next Polish bachelor for ABC.  Some of his friends were a bit "stiff" and kind of nerdy.  They were not really into speaking English, but it was fun joking with my a couple of them and my new buddy Eric.
Unfortunately, we got separated mid-way and by a Guatemalan baby and her mother, but we exchanged contact information and parted ways:)  Another new travel friend(starting to see how this amazing process works?)

No comments:

Post a Comment