2 Americans and One UK

Arriving and exiting the La Aurora, Airport in Guatemala was such a breeze.  The people were friendly and helpful-not pushy, I received my bag in 5 minutes, and I headed to the outside lobby to buy my bus ticket.  It was so nice having that peace when you first initially arrive. Many times, there are the taxis harassing you until you get into an actual car- no me gusta.  A friendly little women sold me a ten dollar ticket on the shuttle van to Antigua and off we went. The 2 Americans and the UK boy.

It was so nice with the three of us because we automatically connected and started talking about Guatemala and our travels.   The other American's name is D(confidentiality) and she is from San Francisco.  She has three kids and actually lives part time near Lake Atitlan(my destination).  Our other buddy was in his early 20s and he came to Guatemala to learn Spanish.  He did not seem to care about the time or money rather he was on a mission to go to a good school to learn Spanish.  He was well traveled as we chatted it up about Europe and Asia.  Bangkok being our food heaven and Europe being incredible and amazing, but too expensive for the budget friendly traveler. 

Amongst our discussion, we passed through Guatemala City, which did not seem very appealing.  There was a lot of industry, mechanical shops, run down buildings, and of course KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, and Pizza hut.  It irritates me when I see these establishments especially when Guatemala has fresh food, fish, vegetables. It even has Fried chicken and Fries as a typico(typical) food.

Anyways, the ride was splendid with my two new buddies.  It was so great for D and I that we decided, "Hey lets share a room." We were both heading to Lake Atitlan, but wanted to chill in Antigua for a night and take the shuttle in the morning. We decided to stay at a hostel in Antigua centre where we would share a room.

That is just an example of how traveling can work......


  Sometimes the unknown can lead you in a fun direction down an unexpected path....PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment