Avocado Tantrum

Eating sushi, Peruvian food, and typical food for breakfast-I did not get a chance to eat at the pricey Mondongo's. It's basically a pricier version of local food you can have half price. The waiters I made friends with were waiting for me, but I just ran out of time. Literally I was going around the hotel saying bye to all the staff- making my usual runs. Going around so fast that I misplaced my Colombia gold leaf necklace I bought in the gift shop. It was $50....wonderful. I didn't know I lost it until sitting down on the plane.

Anyways, I was rushing out and so disappointed about not getting this Colombian avocado. I was talking to the taxi driver asking him to stop and he was concerned about my timing; I was concerned about an avocado.
 
Sharing my sob story with the candy guy, he gave me some advice....

 He looked at me with a serious expression as if this was top secret information.

"You go across the street, down the elevator to the ground floor, cross the street again, and turn right into the building.   There you will find a great local restaurant. It's a secret only staff know about."
He smiles with his cute 20 year old dimples. He knocks on my backpack and passes some free Colombian candy in my hand.
 
Off I run downstairs like a 10 year old searching for her dad. There I see a lunch lady style food counter with  a larger Colombian woman with a big smile. She kind of looks like a Figure from Botero's famous work. She dishes out everything I want, but she says they don't have the avocado. I frown and shake my head thinking, "This is probably the one restaurant without avocado.
She does have all the other main necessities, but I am just missing the avocado.
I walk to the front with a big frown.  When I smile, I can touch hearts. When I frown, I can make people feel very bad. The man behind the register hear my disappointment with no avocado. He says, "Quieres un aguacate?"
 
I said, "Si, si- Me encanta aguates de Colombia."
 
He says, "Hold on let me go check."
 
Looking at my watch, I am realizing that I am pushing my time trying to get my perfect last supper.
Just in time, he comes out with a huge, perfectly ripe avocado. "Is this okay? It's the only one we have?"

"Okay? It's perfect." Pris
 
Avocado tantrum over and Priscilla is again spoiled by beautiful people.
           Lovely, Lovely, Lovely,  Locals!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment